My Travels

July 29, 2012

Classroom Supplies

On Wednesday, I did a draw with my course participants for Canadian souvenirs I had brought over.

On the final day, I did a draw for all of the art supplies for the participants that I had brought over. I even gave away my carry-on suitcase to my co-tutor, which was used to transport all of the supplies. I didn't to bring anything back home!

Back in May, when I was preparing for the volun-cation, I had bought a lot of art supplies from Canada to bring to Grenada, including: canvases, acrylic paints, watercolours, paintbrushes, brayers, block print ink, embroidery thread, and pencil crayons.  The rest of the Crayola products were donated by a presenter at a Crayola workshop I had attended in June. I approached the presenter and told her about my volunteer teaching in Grenada, and she offered to donate the supplies from her workshop. Score! Sherri also gave me some of the markers and pencil crayons that she had bought in Canada. Art supplies are expensive in Grenada, so hopefully it was enough to get their classrooms started for September.




No comments:

Post a Comment